Sunday 27 March 2016

Guruji Starts to Show His Presence in Our Room



Each time I would go to Guruji, he would say somethingto me like, last night you got up twice to go to the toilet. Or this afternoon you had two chapattis.Or things like sukhi aunty before coming to me you wanted to colour your hair but since there was no colour at home you first went to the market and bought one, coloured your hair and then come.We would all wonder how he knew.



Not only that then when you left your house, Gill uncle my grandfather forget his watch so you turned back from the sector 36 roundanout and went back.Is not that right? Asked Guruji .yes guruji this is exactly what happened answered. I would often think as to how he knew all the minute details but never got around to asking him.

One morning Guruji called up home and told us all to chant 11 malas of particular path. He told us not to use the prayer beads but to use 11 almonds to keep track of the number of malas done and to use 108 black grams as beads instead. This path was to be done at 2 am every morning for a few months. Needless to say, I found the path extremely difficult to pronounce and many times would fall off to sleep in the middle of my chanting, only to be woken up and told by mom to re--‐ do everything. Every morning before starting my prayers I would make sure to tell Guruji never to give me such a tongue twister again. On one such day, just as I was about to fall off to sleep, again, I heard and felt someone pull my blanket and fold it neatly at my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment