Sunday 6 March 2016

CURING MY MOTHER



When we met Guruji, my mother was not keeping very well. She was putting on weight without any reason and her complexion was turning dark. We went to every skin doctor, beautician and pundits but no one could tell us what was wrong with her. My elder sister used to get the feeling that our mother would not be with us for long. On the second day of our meeting Guruji, he called my mother to the aasan. Get your car to the door,I have to go make a phone call.



My mother brought the car to the gate and Guruji sat down in front with my sister at the back. They went to the army cantonment. No not this road, I think we should take the other one. Said guruji, each time they would take a turn. My mother did not understand what was happening but she carried on with Guruji instrustions. Finally he said stop the next car that turns round that corner. It will be a black Fiat. As soon as he said that a black Fiat turned the corner and mom stopped it. It belonged to one of Guruji,they stopped and got down to touch Guruji feet.

They then took Guruji, mom and my sister to their home. He made the required phone call and finally told mom to drop him back at the temple. It was almost 2am when Guruji came back to the temple. My grandfather and I, besides the caretakers, were the only ones in the temple. I was unhappy about the fact that Guruji took my sister out for an outing and I was not even asked. Sitting there sulking and waiting, I almost went off to sleep when I finally heard them all come back. As soon as Guruji entered, he said “Aj kalyaan karta tera” meaning that today I have done something major for your welfare. I wondered why he telling me about my welfare when I was not even asked to accompany him. I was sulking big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment