Friday 11 March 2016

During the Preparations of My Sister Wedding


During the preparations of my sister wedding Guruji would often help us with our shopping. He even told me before hand as to what I had planned to wear and on what function. My mother wanted to buy a coloured kundan tikka (A piece of jewellery worn on the forehead) matching to the set my sister was to wear on her wedding. We searched for it all over but none of the jewellers had a tikka in coloured kundan, as white kundan was now more in vogue.



Sukhi Aunty is your shopping complete.he asked my mother one day as we visited him. Guruji I can not find a coloured kundan tikka anywhere. I have been to all the old jewelers but none of them have it. What should I do.Mom was very worried as we did not have enough time to have one made especially to match her set. Go tomorrow to Patiala and you will find one. Said Guruji . My mother was not too hopeful since she had already visited all the jewelers there just a day before.

The next day my mother went again to Patiala and one of the old family jewelers came up to her and said we have found a few boxes of tikkas, lets open and see if there are any coloured ones in there.In the first box he opened we found a coloured kundan tikka matching exactly to me sisters set. Everyone in the shop was shocked to notice the similarity between the tikka and the set, as if they were made together by the same craftsman.  

No comments:

Post a Comment