Sunday 28 February 2016

Every day the sangat was given food first and Guruji ate after feeding everyone



Guru ji Loving called my mother Sukhi aunty.One day he called her and said Sukhi Aunty, tu roj do baje sawere uth ke guru Nanak nu ardaas kardi hai ki niche aao te meri betiyan di shaadi karao You get up at 2.am every morning and pray to Guru Nanak; asking him to come down and get your daughters married? Yes Guruji was all  my mother could say.

She was amazed to see to word as she had been saying it for the past many years. Tu rab nu bulaaya kardi si, le main hun aa gaya Haan You asked God to come down to help the depth of what he was saying. He took us all in his room and made us eat lunch with him.



I noticed that he hardly ate much and Har kisi nu mahapurushan da mahaparshad naseeb nai hunda. Khaao te dekho sari bimariyan door ho jaan gi. Not everyone is  disappear. said Guruji. And we all ate like it was our last meal. In these 15 days Guruji gave us a lot of his time and very patiently answered all our questions.

Every day the sangat was given food first and Guruji ate after feeding everyone. This was the first place where I saw that 4--‐5 people ate from one plate without hesitation. Eating with spoons was highly discouraged by Guruji and this was a major know how to eat with my hands. Each time I tried to sneak into the kitchen he would catch me and send me back sayting no spoons many times I was left with a lot of curry and no chapattiis to eat it with.There were days when I had to use paper scoop my curry.

I also noticed that was left with a lot of curry and no chapattis to eat it with. There
were days when I had to use paper to scoop my curry. I also noticed that I was the only one who was given a green chilly everyday by Guruji. Each time I sat down to eat, he would come and give me a green chilly or a chilly pickle. I was never fond of eating chillies and this seemed very strange to me. Many years later ,when guruji was in delhi,he said I see you do not have the kind of a temper you had when you first met me. I agreed and laughingly said Guruji, even I am surprised that I do not get angry very often now. Guru ji laughed loudly and said   Mirchaan khila khila ke tera main gussa kateya hai  Its thanks to all the chillies I have fed you!

4 comments: