Sunday 22 May 2016

One Day as I Entered Guruji Room to Clean it I Noticed

One day as I entered guruji room to clean it I noticed a yellow patch on the green coloured carpet. Assuming someone had dropped something, I began to scrub the Patch vigorously. Just then guruji walked into the room. What happened? Asked guruji. Guruji there is a yellow patch on your carpet that I am trying to clean but  It’s not going Oh that! That patch got burned last night therefore its discolored.

Now touch it and see I have just taken out amrit from that patch as well. Although I was scrubbing the area with a dry cloth, the patch now was wet. I smelled it and it had the same divine fragrance of his amrit. The patch remained Fragrant as long as guruji was in Chandigarh.



After cleaning the temple and guruji chamber, I would then wash his clothes. Needless to say, his clothes too were drenched in divine amrit and had the same Fragrance.

I tried washing them till the fragrance could go but that was just my stupidity. The more I washed them, the stronger the fragrance grew. No matter Through how many waters I took them out of, the fragrance remained. No perfume could pass this test!

I always had a habit of collecting things that guruji discarded, things like a plaster on his finger, seeds of fruits that he ate, or an old towel or old glasses. I soon had a bagful of things belonging to guruji. I would replace his toothbrushes, sooner than they needed changing, and keep the old ones.

I even collected the dust that got swept out of his room, for me, even that was more precious than anything in the world. Guruji was obviously aware of my activities and was rather amused. If by chance I would forget to collect something of his, he would quietly push it towords me and point out Sukhmani don’t you want this I would then quickly grab it before anyone could think of throwing it away. One thing that I always had my eyes on was his shoes.

I was fortunate enough to be given his dresses as parshad but I always had my eyes on his shoes. Each time he would give them away to someone, he would look at me and smile but he never gave them to me as long as he lived in his physical body.

1 comment: